Held on June 12, 2015, this all-day conference was attended by over 300 clinicians, policy makers, and leaders in the health care industry. There were lively exchanges of ideas, diverse views, clinical questions, and new study results. Everyone received a copy of the 2015 Interagency Guideline on Prescribing Opioids for Pain and was able to access all meeting materials on their mobile devices. Verbal and written feedback was positive, with many saying it was the best CME activity they’ve attended (of course we could have used more time for the Q&A).
The conference was recorded, but unfortunately, there was a technical failure during part of the time. When a recording is available, we’ll post it on this website.
The conference agenda, the opioid guideline, and the presentation slides are all available below.
- New guideline: Agency Medical Directors’ Group’s 2015 Interagency Guideline on Prescribing Opioids for Pain.
- Presentation slides:
- Welcome, Gary Franklin, MD, MPH; Kathy Lofy, MD, and David Tauben, MD
- The Opioid Epidemic: Overview and a Look to the Future, Chris Jones, PharmD, MPH
- What is the Evidence on the Safety and Effectiveness of Opioids? Jane Ballantyne, MD
- Highlights of the 2015 AMDG Interagency Guideline on Prescribing Opioids for Pain, David Tauben, MD
- Non-opioid Treatment Options and Preventing Ineffective COAT, Andrew Friedman, MD
- Prescription Monitoring Program in Washington State, Chris Baumgartner, BS
- Opioid Use in Patients with Mental Health and Substance Use Comorbidities, Mark Sullivan, MD, PhD
- Weaning Opioids and Initiating Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder, Andrew Saxon, MD and Charissa Fotinos, MD
- Opioids for Perioperative Pain, Greg Terman, MD, PhD
- Lessons from the Front Line – Caring for Chronic Pain Patients in the Primary Care Setting, Lucinda Grande, MD
- Lessons from the Front Line – Caring for Chronic Pain Patients in the Primary Care Setting, Paul Williams, MD
- Lessons from the Front Line – Caring for Chronic Pain Patients in the Primary Care Setting, Patricia Read-Williams, MD
- Lessons from the Front Line – Caring for Chronic Pain Patients in the Primary Care Setting, Phillip Capp MD
- Opioid Use in the Older Adult, Deb Gordon, RN, DNP, FAAN
- Opioids in Pregnancy, Alyssa Stephenson-Famy, MD
- Opioid Use for Chronic Nonmalignant Pain in Children and Adolescents, Gary Walco, PhD, ABPP
- Managing Chronic Pain in Cancer Survivors, Pam Davies, ARNP, MS, ACHPN
- Group Health Innovations in Opioid Prescribing for Chronic Pain, Michael Von Korff, ScD
- Collaborative Care for Pain: Improving Chronic Pain Care in the Workers’ Compensation Setting, Jeanne Sears, PhD, MS, RN, PHN
- Management of Chronic Opioid Therapy at The Everett Clinic, Erica Peavy, MD, CPE
- VA Pain Care Transformation Initiative, Stephen C. Hunt, MD, MPH